From securing the front door to securing content and devices, security can be more than a full-time job for credit unions.
As we enter 2023, allow Celero to help your credit union become more secure with some tips and a variety of services.
10 Tips to be More Secure
- Use strong, unique passwords for every login
- Know how to detect phishing emails
- Clear your cache to remove sensitive or personal data that websites may be storing
- Turn off the ‘save password’ feature in your browsers
- Use multi-factor authentication whenever possible
- Backup your data
- Routinely update all devices and software to improve the stability of the technology, remove outdated features and receive critical patches to security vulnerabilities.
- Watch what you share online
- Keep your accounts to yourself
- Don’t click on unfamiliar links
How Celero can Help Your Credit Union be More Secure
Celero offers robust, managed security services that are continually evolving, improving and growing to meet the challenges of handling cyber security for Canada’s financial institutions. Learn more about our security offerings:
Managed SIEM Services
Celero’s Managed Security Services, delivers à la carte services, including 24/7 threat monitoring utilizing a best-of-breed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution, endpoint protection, security device management, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, threat and risk assessments, incident management and digital forensics and a security maturity assessment.
Dark Web Monitoring
Dark Web ID Credential Monitoring detects compromised credentials in real-time on the Dark Web and notifies you immediately when these critical assets are compromised, before they can be used for identity theft, data breaches or other crime. Digital credentials, such as usernames and passwords, connect you and your employees to critical business applications, as well as online services.
Microsoft Office 365 Security
To ensure your Microsoft 365 environment is secure, Celero has implemented a security framework specifically for the financial services vertical providing multifactor authentication. It provides enterprise class security by ensuring your tenant has a complete defense in-depth security posture.
Virtual Private Network Solutions
Public Wi-Fi networks usually do not encrypt traffic, and that means anyone on the same network can try to snoop on your traffic. Avoid transmitting any sensitive data — such as logins, passwords and credit card data— over public Wi-Fi and use a VPN to encrypt your data and protect it from prying eyes. Celero offers browser-based SSL VPN to keep you secure.
IT Risk Assessments
Identify and mitigate risks with an IT Risk Assessment that will access risks related to IT systems, data, privacy and corporate IT resources. It will identify risks that are present in your current information technology controls, policies, procedures and processes against industry framework standards.
Remote Desktop Services
Remote Desktop Services (RDS) provides the ability to host remote applications on dedicated virtual servers in Celero’s cloud environment. RDS will enable your mobile workforce to use applications like DNA securely and efficiently.
Enterprise Security Awareness Training provided by KnowBe4 is taught by technical experts and includes baseline testing using mock attacks, engaging interactive web-based training for employees, and continuous employee assessment measured through simulated phishing, vishing and smishing attacks to build a more resilient and secure organization.
Passly Password Manager helps store, organize, and manage the passwords your users have for accessing their accounts on different websites, applications and cloud services. All your user passwords are securely stored in an encrypted format and can be securely accessed with a single master password and two factor authentication.
Digital Risk Protection
The Digital Risk Protection offering by Fiserv includes:
- Brand watch which monitors for look-a-like domains and sub-domains related to Customer brand and websites
- Rogue application monitoring which detects of rogue applications that resemble or utilize credit union’s name and graphic language in official and unofficial app-stores
- Social media impersonation monitoring which detects rogue social media accounts that resemble or utilize Customer’s name and graphic language in social media sites
Cyber attacks and data theft are real threats to Canadian credit unions with no organization being immune. Celero can help put your mind at ease by managing, mitigating and solving security concerns. To learn more about how Celero can assist you with all your security needs and questions, talk to your Celero Account Executive or contact us.